Dr. Patrick Myers, PhD is a Registered Psychologist with the College of Psychologists of British Columbia #1850 and a Registered Clinical Counsellor with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors #3182. He is also a board member of the People In Pain Network and contributes to the Community Engagement Committee of the BC Psychological Association.
Do you struggle with any of the following:
- Depression (feeling down, concentration difficulties, low energy, loss of pleasure, worthlessness, suicidal thoughts)
- Trauma (trauma associated with accidents, car accidents, abuse, or other incidents)
- Anxiety (panic attacks, worries, racing thoughts, fears, phobias, social anxiety, compulsive behaviours)
- Relationship issues (communications, affairs, fights over chores, finances, sex, or kids)
- Chronic pain (back pain, headaches, injury pain, car accident pain, difficulties pacing)
- Work place bullying (boss sets unreasonable goals, co-workers undermining you, toxic relationships)
- Grief (death of loved one, marital separation, retirement, loss of way of life)
- Insomnia (difficulties falling or staying asleep)
- General life stress (financial, work deadlines, family stress, assertiveness, boundaries)
- Addictions (drug and alcohol, cigarettes, gambling)
Patrick uses a variety of therapeutic approaches to help you, including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Clinical Hypnosis
- Gottman Relationship Therapy
- Sensori-motor Processing or EMDR for trauma
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
In this day and age the stress of life never seems to let up. Stop just surviving and start thriving!
We will work together trying to understand what the issue is and then problem solving some solutions.
Patrick’s goal is to help you build some mentally healthy skills that will enhance your wellbeing and empower you to take on life.
He uses empirically validated therapies, ongoing education, wisdom, stories, and most importantly empathy to help you.
Yaletown Tuesdays, and Wednesday afternoon/evening
Burnaby the mornings of Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday; and on Thursday afternoon/evening
Coquitlam Friday afternoon/evenings
Come talk to Patrick and let him help you rediscover your sense of balance and passion in life again.